- Former Federal agent and criminal investigator
- Former Director of Global Security for Fortune 200 multinational company
- Secretary of State Clinton selection for membership on U.S. State Department’s Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) Private Sector Executive Committee
- Former corporate representative on FBI/DHS Domestic Security Alliance Council (DSAC) Public Private Partnership
- Founder of three collaboration driven Security Leadership Organizations
- Federal law enforcement and private sector investigations and security leadership experience in 25+ countries
- Law Enforcement and Private Sector subject matter expertise in white collar crimes including: FCPA, fraud, money laundering, compliance and business ethics, bribery and kickbacks, extortion, embezzlement, intellectual property loss, brand protection and vendor, government and healthcare fraud
- Law Enforcement and Private Sector subject matter expertise in security risk management including: workplace violence, security risk assessment and mitigation, crisis management, global threat and intelligence analysis, executive protection and personnel security, travel security, strategic planning and policy development
- U.S. Postal Service Meritorious Chief Postal Inspector’s Award Recipient for leading a $400 million consumer fraud investigation
- U.S. Attorney General Commendations for Support to Victims of Crime and Law Enforcement Coordinating Committee meritorious service
- Monsanto Executive Team’s Global Safety Award for leadership role in Pandemic Preparedness
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
Peter Sullivan has more than 35 years of leadership experience in Federal Law Enforcement and Global Security Management, Mr. Sullivan has deep expertise in domestic and international investigations and security issues that include: internal and external investigations; corporate compliance; intellectual property and brand protection; insider threats; global threat and intelligence analysis; workplace violence; cybersecurity; security risk assessment and mitigation; crisis management; executive protection and personnel security; travel security; strategic planning and policy development.
Over the course of his career, Mr. Sullivan has provided investigative, security management, audit, compliance, training, and other risk consulting services to multiple Fortune 500 companies, U.S agencies and private entities in over 25 counties across North and South America, Eastern and Western Europe, the Middle East, Africa, India, and Asia. Sullivan continues to collaborate with trusted industry leading experts, and is committed to providing superior expertise and professionalism to exceed client expectations.
Just prior to establishing Sullivan Advisors, Mr. Sullivan was the Director of Global Security at Monsanto Company, a Fortune 200, $16 billion Biotechnology and Agricultural Manufacturing industry leader with over 23,000 employees at 500 sites in 80 countries. While leading the corporate security program at Monsanto, Mr. Sullivan’s responsibilities included international and domestic investigations, and the development and implementation of security policies, strategies and technologies that protected employees and assets globally.
As a result, Sullivan has broad experience investigating brand protection and intellectual property loss, fraud and money laundering, FCPA, corporate compliance and ethics. Mr. Sullivan’s efforts in a number of high profile investigations resulted in over $1.1 billion in financial recoveries stemming from criminal and civil prosecutions. He also has significant security consultation experience implementing security strategies and solutions including: security risk assessment and mitigation, threat intelligence gathering and analysis, executive protection, security operations, crisis management and emergency response.
OFFERING DEEP INVESTIGATIVE EXPERIENCE
Sullivan has led complex international and domestic investigations including a wide variety of corporate/internal, due diligence, fraud and financial crimes including: Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), compliance, business ethics and code of conduct violations by employees, executives, contractors and vendors; embezzlement; bribery; kickbacks; extortion; vendor fraud; government contract fraud; public corruption; healthcare fraud; forgery; bank fraud; conspiracy; money laundering and asset forfeiture. Law Enforcement team results under his leadership led the nation by producing $50 million in deposits to the U.S. Postal Service Consumer Fraud Fund and received national recognition for successful high profile investigations and prosecutions. He also has extensive experience investigating: clergy abuse, child pornography, homicide, robbery, assault, workplace violence, identity theft, burglary, mail bombs and background investigations. As a Computer Security Investigations and Audit Specialist he provided computer security support for criminal investigations and conducted computer security audits of: personnel and physical security, contingency planning, disaster recovery, continuity of operations and security controls for government computer systems.
LEVERAGING EXCEPTIONAL LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
In 2015 Sullivan was selected by The Conference Board to develop and lead a Council of Chief Information Security Officers (CISO) to coordinate collaboration among industry leading CISOs on a wide range of Cyber Security issues. In recognition of his expertise in the investigation of financial crimes, in 2008 Sullivan was selected as a member of the Advisory Board of the Utica College Economic Crime and Cybersecurity Institute. He has also served on the Executive Board of The Conference Board Council of Security Executives. In 2010 Sullivan founded the St. Louis Area Corporate Security Leadership Organization to promote communication between security professionals in the St. Louis area and became Chairman in 2011. In 2013 U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton asked Sullivan to serve on the State Department’s Overseas Security Advisory Council Private Sector Executive Committee. In 2013 he established the Agriculture Industry Security Leadership Organization to enhance communication between security professionals from industry leading agriculture companies and was named Chairman.
Prior to Monsanto, Sullivan had a distinguished 25-year career in Federal Law Enforcement with the U.S. Postal Inspection Service. He served in Dayton, Cincinnati, Chicago and St. Louis as a Postal Inspector and Team Leader. Sullivan also served as a training instructor on issues that included Workplace Violence Prevention, Armed Intruder Response, and mail and wire fraud investigations. He lectured at the U.S. Department of Justice National Advocacy Center and for the National Association of Attorneys General, Postal Inspection Service and numerous police, insurance fraud and crime prevention groups.
Sullivan is a Private Investigator licensed in the State of Missouri (#2015018446) and previously was a Corporate Security Advisor (CSA) licensed in the State of Missouri and an Armed Security Officer (ASO) licensed by the Transportation Security Administration. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice from Westfield State University in Massachusetts.
"SunHawk was an outstanding partner in the provision of interim leadership in compliance and internal audit for our organization. They provided seamless coverage and advancement of our compliance and internal audit functions. As CEO, I had no concerns or worries during our engagement. They were true partners for us!"
Alfred E. Pilong
President and CEO
"James and the SunHawk team have been an invaluable resource for our Compliance Office - they are a reliable, well experienced, trusted and knowledgeable team of professionals who at a moment’s notice will take your calls or respond to your emails.
Their advice helped us navigate the ever evolving, highly regulated healthcare industry! Whether it’s discussing report methodology or determining appropriate repayment, SunHawk provides the reassurance and confidence that you are doing the right thing!
We are honored to have partnered with SunHawk and will continue to do so in the future!"
Vice President/Chief Ethics, Compliance and Privacy Officer
Community Health System
"SunHawk’s professionals are leaders in the compliance and risk industries. Over the years I have worked with a number of their professionals on a series of projects/issues and learned SunHawk’s professionals are problem/solution-oriented and great coalition builders.
SunHawk Professionals get the job done and are a pleasure to work with. Commitment, Experience, Professionalism, and Integrity; that's what SunHawk Professionals brings to the table."
Vice President/Chief Ethics, Compliance and Privacy Officer
Phoenix Children's Hospital
"Jim Rough is among the most conscientious professionals I have encountered. When he says he is going to do something -- he does it. Jim has a broad range of experience gained over decades in leading organizations.
Now as the founder of his own firm, Jim will be enabled to provide the same high-quality service to his clients in a setting that allows greater customization to his clients' financial circumstances."
Frank M. Placenti
Chair, US Corporate Governance & Securities Regulation
Practice, Squire Patton Boggs
"SunHawk Consulting's HIPAA Check Program provided us with an invaluable third-party review of our HIPAA policies and practices. The tracking tool SunHawk includes with the Program has become an integral part of our continued monitoring for HIPAA compliance.
Jan Elezian's extensive hands-on compliance experience was evident during site visits and staff interviews as she translated difficult subject matter into practical use scenarios and provided quality feedback. Thank you SunHawk team!"
Vice President, Compliance
Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
"SunHawk provides an array of dynamic professionals, each with significant subject matter expertise and a problem-solver approach. Beyond their knowledge and conscientious work ethic, however, is a team of caring individuals who strive to furnish individualized, tailored assistance with a personal touch.
Jim Rough's dedication to the success of SunHawk clients is evidenced by his strategic and prospective thinking complemented by his ability to truly anticipate the needs of a company in the midst of the complicated compliance climate. I highly recommend SunHawk for companies of any size seeking actionable solutions and measurable results."
Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer
Paragon 28, Inc.
“Sunhawk Consulting has proven to be a trusted partner with the ability to deliver results. We have consistently been impressed with their expertise, professionalism, and commitment to customer service. Sunhawk Consulting has supported our enterprise-wide risk assessment, risk management activities, and the configuration of our Governance, Risk and Compliance software tool.
Sunhawk Consulting’s leadership and consultative services have helped us to successfully navigate through the complexities of SOC, HIPAA, NIST and FedRAMP audits this year. The knowledgeable team of Sunhawk professionals has been and continues to be an invaluable resource for us, ensuring we are positioned for success in all our audits and assessment activities.”
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Get In Touch
2550 E Rose Garden Ln.
Phoenix, AZ 85050
Sign up for Our Newsletter
Your information is private and will NEVER be shared outside of SunHawk Consulting.
SunHawk Consulting specializes in professional consulting services and has a team of highly skilled subject matter experts with substantial backgrounds in:
* Healthcare Compliance: Statistical Sampling, Medical Coding Audits, Healthcare Compliance Programs, Evaluation of Compliance Programs and Risk Assessments, HIPAA Compliance Risk Assessments & Training, Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA) Board Advisor, Independent Review Organization (IRO) Services, Interim Healthcare Compliance Support, Physical Security Assessment, Design and Implementation of Sunshine Act Compliance Programs, Enterprise Risk Management Optimization, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) System Support, Electronic Health Record (EHR) System Implementation, Outsourced Audit Function Support, Medical Risk Adjustment Compliance (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial), Policy, Procedure, Internal Control Development and Evaluation, FedRAMP Compliance;
* Corporate Investigations: Fraud Investigations and Forensic Accounting, Anti-money Laundering (AML), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Know Your Customer (KYC), Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Third-party Due Diligence;
* Corporate Compliance: Evaluation and Design of Corporate Compliance Programs, Interim Compliance Support, Compliance Risk Assessments, Physical Security Assessment, Enterprise Risk Management, Private Equity Governance, GRC System Support, Audit Function Support, Fraud Risk Assessments, Investigations Program Assessment and Enhancements, Qui Tam Investigations, Hot Line Support;
* Litigation Disputes: Complex Litigation and Disputes, Mergers and Acquisitions: Regulatory Due Diligence, Expert Witness, Statistical Analysis, Healthcare Payment Disputes, Litigation Support, Physical Security Assessment, Neutral Party Data Analysis.