Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions
Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) control failures can lead to litigation, fines, and criminal penalties. They can also damage an organization’s and its executives’ reputations and careers in the blink of an eye.
- SunHawk’s experts have extensive hands-on experience performing money laundering vulnerability and compliance program assessments and gap analyses and providing recommendations for reducing risk and implementing leading compliance solutions.
- SunHawk provides comprehensive services for each part of an effective BSA/AML program, including:
- Provide regulatory updates on the rapidly changing BSA/AML requirements
- Risk assessment and program design assistance
- Customized development of BSA/AML policies, procedures, and training for employees, executives, and board members
- Customer Due Diligence and Know Your Customer reviews and risk rating methodology assistance
- Performance of independent testing to determine the effectiveness of internal controls established for monitoring, identifying, and reporting suspicious activity and adherence to recordkeeping and reporting requirements
- Forensic accounting and crisis response services
- Transaction lookbacks
- Customer Due Diligence reviews
- Recommendations for post-crisis remediation, including root cause analysis
- Assist with Know Your Customer, Office of Foreign Assets Control, and case management software selection and implementation
"SunHawk was an outstanding partner in the provision of interim leadership in compliance and internal audit for our organization. They provided seamless coverage and advancement of our compliance and internal audit functions. As CEO, I had no concerns or worries during our engagement. They were true partners for us!"
Alfred E. Pilong
President and CEO
"James and the SunHawk team have been an invaluable resource for our Compliance Office - they are a reliable, well experienced, trusted and knowledgeable team of professionals who at a moment’s notice will take your calls or respond to your emails.
Their advice helped us navigate the ever evolving, highly regulated healthcare industry! Whether it’s discussing report methodology or determining appropriate repayment, SunHawk provides the reassurance and confidence that you are doing the right thing!
We are honored to have partnered with SunHawk and will continue to do so in the future!"
Vice President/Chief Ethics, Compliance and Privacy Officer
Community Health System
"SunHawk’s professionals are leaders in the compliance and risk industries. Over the years I have worked with a number of their professionals on a series of projects/issues and learned SunHawk’s professionals are problem/solution-oriented and great coalition builders.
SunHawk Professionals get the job done and are a pleasure to work with. Commitment, Experience, Professionalism, and Integrity; that's what SunHawk Professionals brings to the table."
Vice President/Chief Ethics, Compliance and Privacy Officer
Phoenix Children's Hospital
"Jim Rough is among the most conscientious professionals I have encountered. When he says he is going to do something -- he does it. Jim has a broad range of experience gained over decades in leading organizations.
Now as the founder of his own firm, Jim will be enabled to provide the same high-quality service to his clients in a setting that allows greater customization to his clients' financial circumstances."
Frank M. Placenti
Chair, US Corporate Governance & Securities Regulation
Practice, Squire Patton Boggs
"SunHawk Consulting's HIPAA Check Program provided us with an invaluable third-party review of our HIPAA policies and practices. The tracking tool SunHawk includes with the Program has become an integral part of our continued monitoring for HIPAA compliance.
Jan Elezian's extensive hands-on compliance experience was evident during site visits and staff interviews as she translated difficult subject matter into practical use scenarios and provided quality feedback. Thank you SunHawk team!"
Vice President, Compliance
Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
"SunHawk provides an array of dynamic professionals, each with significant subject matter expertise and a problem-solver approach. Beyond their knowledge and conscientious work ethic, however, is a team of caring individuals who strive to furnish individualized, tailored assistance with a personal touch.
Jim Rough's dedication to the success of SunHawk clients is evidenced by his strategic and prospective thinking complemented by his ability to truly anticipate the needs of a company in the midst of the complicated compliance climate. I highly recommend SunHawk for companies of any size seeking actionable solutions and measurable results."
Vice President and Chief Compliance Officer
Paragon 28, Inc.
“Sunhawk Consulting has proven to be a trusted partner with the ability to deliver results. We have consistently been impressed with their expertise, professionalism, and commitment to customer service. Sunhawk Consulting has supported our enterprise-wide risk assessment, risk management activities, and the configuration of our Governance, Risk and Compliance software tool.
Sunhawk Consulting’s leadership and consultative services have helped us to successfully navigate through the complexities of SOC, HIPAA, NIST and FedRAMP audits this year. The knowledgeable team of Sunhawk professionals has been and continues to be an invaluable resource for us, ensuring we are positioned for success in all our audits and assessment activities.”
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Get In Touch
2550 E Rose Garden Ln.
Phoenix, AZ 85050
Sign up for Our Newsletter
Your information is private and will NEVER be shared outside of SunHawk Consulting.
SunHawk Consulting specializes in professional consulting services and has a team of highly skilled subject matter experts with substantial backgrounds in:
* Healthcare Compliance: Statistical Sampling, Medical Coding Audits, Healthcare Compliance Programs, Evaluation of Compliance Programs and Risk Assessments, HIPAA Compliance Risk Assessments & Training, Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA) Board Advisor, Independent Review Organization (IRO) Services, Interim Healthcare Compliance Support, Physical Security Assessment, Design and Implementation of Sunshine Act Compliance Programs, Enterprise Risk Management Optimization, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) System Support, Electronic Health Record (EHR) System Implementation, Outsourced Audit Function Support, Medical Risk Adjustment Compliance (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial), Policy, Procedure, Internal Control Development and Evaluation, FedRAMP Compliance;
* Corporate Investigations: Fraud Investigations and Forensic Accounting, Anti-money Laundering (AML), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Know Your Customer (KYC), Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Third-party Due Diligence;
* Corporate Compliance: Evaluation and Design of Corporate Compliance Programs, Interim Compliance Support, Compliance Risk Assessments, Physical Security Assessment, Enterprise Risk Management, Private Equity Governance, GRC System Support, Audit Function Support, Fraud Risk Assessments, Investigations Program Assessment and Enhancements, Qui Tam Investigations, Hot Line Support;
* Litigation Disputes: Complex Litigation and Disputes, Mergers and Acquisitions: Regulatory Due Diligence, Expert Witness, Statistical Analysis, Healthcare Payment Disputes, Litigation Support, Physical Security Assessment, Neutral Party Data Analysis.