- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC), Compliance Certification Board
- Certificate in Healthcare Compliance, George Washington University
- Master of Health Administration
Nancy Roht, is a Director with SunHawk Consulting, LLC, has over 20 years of experience in governance, compliance, ethics, and research. Ms. Roht holds a Master’s in Health Administration and a Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Compliance. She is also Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) by the Healthcare Compliance Certification Board. She has served in academic settings, multistate integrated healthcare systems, and non-profit and for-profit environments, having held compliance, privacy, and governance roles both inside organizations and as a consultant.
Ms. Roht specializes in consulting with health systems and major academic programs providing Board and Governance training, compliance and ethics program assessments, program design and implementation, enterprise risk assessments, HIPAA risk and privacy assessments, annual and targeted workforce training, policy and program development, billing and coding reviews, mergers and acquisitions due diligence, investigations and corrective action plans, and interim leadership.
Select Engagement Experience
Interim Compliance Officer for a Non-Profit Regional Health System
Ms. Roht was hired to serve as interim Chief Compliance Officer for a non-profit regional health system, tasked with leading the IA and compliance departments. Her responsibilities included assessing the HIPAA privacy and security program and supporting the search process for a permanent CCO. Ms. Roht chaired the Compliance Committee, reported regularly to the CEO and Board Audit and Compliance Committee, providing updates on her work with senior leadership to improve RAC and third-party audit tracking, reviews, and responses. She also provided HIM training and support, evaluated the effectiveness of the enterprise’s compliance program for the Board, conducted compliance and privacy investigations, and worked with senior leadership to implement corrective action plans and monitoring. Ms. Roht’s expertise and leadership were critical to the success of the organization during this transitional period, and her contributions were highly valued by the CEO and Board.
HIPAA Privacy Compliance Program Assessment for Multi-State DME and Sleep Lab Providers
SunHawk was approached by one of the nation’s largest DME and Sleep Lab Provider to assess its HIPAA Compliance Programs. To accomplish this task, SunHawk evaluated the enterprise’s policies, vendor security, internal controls, and risks across 340+ Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Standards. Ms. Roht’s the identified risks and associated corrective actions to Management and provided an executive summary to the CEO and Board of Directors. By implementing the corrective actions, the organization was able to enhance its privacy program and protect the sensitive information of its clients.
"SunHawk demonstrated a commendable commitment to precision and compliance throughout our engagement. Their expertise in navigating complex healthcare regulations was evident, providing us with a thorough and insightful audit. We required assistance with a complex billing audit that required statistical analysis. As a smaller healthcare system, SunHawk provided us a level of audit expertise that we are not able to staff in-house. The team’s responsiveness and industry knowledge make them a valuable partner for healthcare organizations seeking rigorous and reliable auditing services."
"SunHawk was an outstanding partner in the provision of interim leadership in compliance and internal audit for our organization. They provided seamless coverage and advancement of our compliance and internal audit functions. As CEO, I had no concerns or worries during our engagement. They were true partners for us!"
"James and the SunHawk team have been an invaluable resource for our Compliance Office - they are a reliable, well experienced, trusted and knowledgeable team of professionals who at a moment’s notice will take your calls or respond to your emails.
"SunHawk’s professionals are leaders in the compliance and risk industries. Over the years I have worked with a number of their professionals on a series of projects/issues and learned SunHawk’s professionals are problem/solution-oriented and great coalition builders.
SunHawk Professionals get the job done and are a pleasure to work with. Commitment, Experience, Professionalism, and Integrity; that's what SunHawk Professionals brings to the table."
"Jim Rough is among the most conscientious professionals I have encountered. When he says he is going to do something -- he does it. Jim has a broad range of experience gained over decades in leading organizations.
Now as the founder of his own firm, Jim will be enabled to provide the same high-quality service to his clients in a setting that allows greater customization to his clients' financial circumstances."
"SunHawk Consulting's HIPAA Check Program provided us with an invaluable third-party review of our HIPAA policies and practices. The tracking tool SunHawk includes with the Program has become an integral part of our continued monitoring for HIPAA compliance.
Jan Elezian's extensive hands-on compliance experience was evident during site visits and staff interviews as she translated difficult subject matter into practical use scenarios and provided quality feedback. Thank you SunHawk team!"
"SunHawk provides an array of dynamic professionals, each with significant subject matter expertise and a problem-solver approach. Beyond their knowledge and conscientious work ethic, however, is a team of caring individuals who strive to furnish individualized, tailored assistance with a personal touch.
Jim Rough's dedication to the success of SunHawk clients is evidenced by his strategic and prospective thinking complemented by his ability to truly anticipate the needs of a company in the midst of the complicated compliance climate. I highly recommend SunHawk for companies of any size seeking actionable solutions and measurable results."
“Sunhawk Consulting has proven to be a trusted partner with the ability to deliver results. We have consistently been impressed with their expertise, professionalism, and commitment to customer service. Sunhawk Consulting has supported our enterprise-wide risk assessment, risk management activities, and the configuration of our Governance, Risk and Compliance software tool.
Sunhawk Consulting’s leadership and consultative services have helped us to successfully navigate through the complexities of SOC, HIPAA, NIST and FedRAMP audits this year. The knowledgeable team of Sunhawk professionals has been and continues to be an invaluable resource for us, ensuring we are positioned for success in all our audits and assessment activities.”
Get In Touch
2550 E Rose Garden Ln.
Phoenix, AZ 85050
Sign up for Our Newsletter
Your information is private and will NEVER be shared outside of SunHawk Consulting.
SunHawk Consulting specializes in professional consulting services and has a team of highly skilled subject matter experts with substantial backgrounds in:
* Healthcare Compliance: Statistical Sampling, Medical Coding Audits, Healthcare Compliance Programs, Evaluation of Compliance Programs and Risk Assessments, HIPAA Compliance Risk Assessments & Training, Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA) Board Advisor, Independent Review Organization (IRO) Services, Interim Healthcare Compliance Support, Physical Security Assessment, Design and Implementation of Sunshine Act Compliance Programs, Enterprise Risk Management Optimization, Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) System Support, Electronic Health Record (EHR) System Implementation, Outsourced Audit Function Support, Medical Risk Adjustment Compliance (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial), Policy, Procedure, Internal Control Development and Evaluation, FedRAMP Compliance;
* Corporate Investigations: Fraud Investigations and Forensic Accounting, Anti-money Laundering (AML), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Know Your Customer (KYC), Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Third-party Due Diligence;
* Corporate Compliance: Evaluation and Design of Corporate Compliance Programs, Interim Compliance Support, Compliance Risk Assessments, Physical Security Assessment, Enterprise Risk Management, Private Equity Governance, GRC System Support, Audit Function Support, Fraud Risk Assessments, Investigations Program Assessment and Enhancements, Qui Tam Investigations, Hot Line Support;
* Litigation Disputes: Complex Litigation and Disputes, Mergers and Acquisitions: Regulatory Due Diligence, Expert Witness, Statistical Analysis, Healthcare Payment Disputes, Litigation Support, Physical Security Assessment, Neutral Party Data Analysis.